For release: 31 Jan 2012
NFC Forum Members to Demonstrate Innovative Solutions at Public Reception in Frankfurt, Feb. 8
WAKEFIELD, Mass., USA - Jan. 31, 2012 - The NFC Forum, a non-profit industry association that advances the use of Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, will host a Solutions Showcase at a reception in Frankfurt, Germany on February 8, where six member companies will demonstrate their NFC-enabled products and services.
Attendance at the reception is free of charge, but advance registration is required. The event will take place from 6 to 8 PM in the Lemons & Limes Bar at the Sheraton Frankfurt Airport Hotel & Conference Center, and refreshments will be served.
"We are looking forward to the NFC Forum's inaugural Solutions Showcase as an energizing complement to our Members Meeting in Frankfurt," said Koichi Tagawa, NFC Forum Chairman. "We encourage everyone who's interested in innovation to join us at the reception and find out firsthand what's behind the current excitement about NFC technology, and to enjoy refreshments with us in a relaxed and informal setting."
The Frankfurt demonstrations will showcase a range of NFC use cases:
- AT4 wireless, an NFC Forum testing partner, will demonstrate its RIDER NFC Test tool for NFC Forum Digital Protocol and Analogue RF specifications; the product incorporates both test suites. The company is interested in meeting NFC ecosystem stakeholders, including device manufacturers, telecommunications operators, and test laboratories, at the Frankfurt event.
- HOTech demonstrations will include NFC FieldService, a data collection and processing solution supporting field service activities; NFC Patrol, for patrol guard and security services management; NFCampus, a management solution applicable to academic and similar environments; and NFC Art Pro, which supports cultural heritage activities and artifacts management.
- ITN International, Inc. will demonstrate the functionality and the business case for deploying and using NFC at events, via its Touch 'N Go Event Solutions. The company's demonstration will also show how cities, convention centers, transportation systems, hotels, restaurants, retailers and event producers can benefit from deploying citywide NFC credentials.
- NEXPERTS will showcase its NFC-enabled mobile wallets for payment instruments such as PayPass and payWave cards as well as membership cards, coupons, tickets, and access credentials. The Next-Generation Wallet combines an open-loop payment system with loyalty features in a single tap.
- Sony Corporation will show attendees a set of healthcare devices from different manufacturers that make use of its NFC Dynamic Tag chip to provide NFC support. Demonstrated devices will include step counters, blood pressure monitors, and weighing scales. The data measured by those devices can then be retrieved by a mobile phone via NFC. Sony will also present an Arduino-based NFC Dynamic Tag evaluation board and an Android library that simplifies the development of applications reading data from those NFC-enabled healthcare devices.
- TUOMI IT SA will demonstrate its NFC-based interactive presentation, information, and verification system for other firms' products, its NFC-based object and service management support system for quality control and external services, and its mobile data collection with NFC and GPS. The company will also show its NFC Smart Posters for children, such as posters with jungle animals, pictures from different countries, or musical instruments.
In addition, WIMA
, the leading global conference and exhibition exclusively dedicated to NFC applications, products and services, held in Monaco and the U.S., will be on hand to present information about its upcoming Monaco event (11-13 April, 2012) and the NFC Forum and WIMA Tap Into Innovation: NFC Global Competition 2012
About the NFC Forum
The NFC Forum (http://www.nfc-forum.org
) was launched as a non-profit industry association in 2004 by leading mobile communications, semiconductor, and consumer electronics companies. The Forum's mission is to advance the use of Near Field Communication technology by developing specifications, ensuring interoperability among devices and services, and educating the market about NFC technology. The Forum's 160+ global member companies currently are developing specifications for a modular NFC device architecture, and protocols for interoperable data exchange and device-independent service delivery, device discovery, and device capability.
The NFC Forum's Sponsor members, which hold seats on the Board of Directors, include leading players in key industries around the world. The Sponsor members are: Barclaycard, Broadcom Corporation, INSIDE Secure, Intel, MasterCard Worldwide, Microsoft Corp., NEC, Nokia, NTT DOCOMO, Inc., NXP Semiconductors, Renesas Electronics Corporation, Samsung, Sony Corporation, STMicroelectronics, and Visa Inc.