A group's home page is the general information page for that group. It gives you quick access to the information you need about the group, links to all subgroups associated with it, lists of upcoming events and recent published documents, and the group calendar. To go to a group's home page, from All Groups, either click the name of the group from the list under the My Groups section (if you are a member of the group) or from the list under the Available Groups section (if you are not a member of the group). This takes you to the home page for that group. At the top of the page you'll find:
- Breadcrumbs: Use these for quick navigation up and down the group structure. All Groups is usually listed first.
- Tabs: Use these to navigate between the group's different sections:
- Group Home: Takes you to the Group Home page.
- Roster: Takes you to the Group Roster page. See details about group members and contact them.
- General Membership Calendar: Takes you to the group's calendar for the current month (located at the bottom of the page or on a separate page, depending on how Kavi Groups is configured).
- Documents: Takes you to the Group Documents page, which contains a complete list of available group documents and a document search tool.
- Ballots : Takes you to the Group Ballots page, which contains a list of all Open Ballots and Recent Closed Ballots (with a link to the Closed Ballots Archive). The number in parentheses indicates how many ballots you have not yet voted on for which you are eligible to vote.
- Action Items : Takes you to the Group Action Items page, which contains a list of all action items. Provides a location to manage group tasks.
- Email: Allows group members to easily communicate with the general group membership in a mail-thread format. You will see this link only if this group is configured to allow email threads.
- Group name: The name of the group you are in (for example, Marketing Group).
- Admin Note: The group admin can add a note to the top of all group home pages for members and chairs.
- RSS: Configure and customize your own RSS feed. RSS readers are capable of gathering information from multiple RSS feeds and displaying this diverse information in a unified format.
- My Info and Remove Me From This Group links (group members only): My Info takes you to a page about your participation in this group. Remove Me From This Group takes you to a confirmation page. To be permanently removed from the group roster and email list, click "Remove Me From This Group".
- View page as (other role): If you are a group member, you will see a select box at the bottom right of the page labeled "View page as:" and containing one or more roles (typically: Member (no privileges), Visitor). By selecting another role in this box and clicking "Go," you can temporarily view the Group's Home page as a person with the selected role would see it. This feature helps group members see how the group appears to visitors. To change back to your normal role, change the selection to its original position and click "Go," or just visit another page and return.
Note: If you have Group Manage privileges, and the group has been configured so that group membership applications are moderated by the group Chair, you may also see the message, "You have n pending request(s)" with a link to go to the Pending Requests page.
The group home page is divided into seven sections:
- Group Description/Notes
- Recent Email Messages
- Upcoming Events
- Recent Documents
- Recent Ballots
- Recent Action Items
If you are a member of the group, you will see Member-only information. If you are a visitor, you will see visitor information.
- Group Description (visitors view) - Brief text describing the group (the same text as found on the All Groups page). This text is followed by links for fast navigation: Join This Group and Charter and Chairs.
- Notes (Members view) - Text specific to the group that is updated by the group Chair at his/her discretion. If you are the group Chair (or have Chair privileges), there is a link to Edit the Notes and Group Description. The Notes text is followed by links for fast navigation: Charter and Chairs and Roster. If you are the group Chair (or have Chair privileges), there are also links to Edit Group Setup, Manage Roster, and Modify Email Templates.
List of the most recent email messages sent to the group. Includes a link to Compose an email message to the Group Mailing List. Click the More Mail Messages link to see a complete list of email messages, viewable by thread or date. Click the group email address to send an email to the group or use the Send Email form. You will see this link only if this group is configured to allow email threads.
A list of subgroups for this group. Click a name to go to its home page. If you are the group Chair (or have Chair privileges), there is a link to Add subgroups. Note: You may need to be a member of the parent group before you can join one of its subgroups. Also, when you join a group, you do not automatically become a member of its subgroup(s); you must join each subgroup individually.
An abbreviated list of upcoming events, with a link to the View All. Listed for each event are the date, type (designated using the calendar icons) and name (linked to the Event Details page). Today's date is highlighted if there is an event scheduled. If you have the applicable privileges, there is a link to Add an event. Tip: To quickly find out an event's scheduled time, place your cursor over the event name and read the rollover text.
An abbreviated list of recently published documents, with a link to View All. If you are the group Chair (or have the applicable privileges), there is a link to Add a document. Listed for each document are the submitted date, type (using standard file type icons), name (linked to the document itself for viewing on-line/downloading), size and a link to the Document Details page. Tip: To quickly find out a document's type, place your cursor over the document name and read the rollover text.
An abbreviated list of recent ballots (both open and closed) by close date, with a link to View All. If you are the group Chair (or have the applicable privileges), there is a link to Add a ballot. Listed for each ballot are the open date, status icon (vote, voted, closed), ballot name and status type (ineligible, vote, voted, change vote, closed). Tip: To quickly find out a ballot's description, place your cursor over the ballot name and read the rollover text.
A list of recent action items for this group, with a link to View All. Action items titles are preceded by an icon indicating whether the item is open or closed. The name of the person assigned to this action item is shown below the title. If you have the applicable privileges, there is a link to Add and action item.
The calendar shows all events for the group for the current month. Depending on how Kavi Groups is configured, the calendar appears either at the bottom of the group home page or on a separate page. To view the calendar, click the Calendar tab. To view a month other than the current month, select the month and year from the drop-down lists below the calendar heading and click View. To view the month immediately preceding the current month, click the Previous links/arrows above the calendar. To view the month immediately following the current month, click the Next links/arrows above the calendar. The calendar has these additional features:
- Legend: Located to the left of the calendar (icons and explanation text). When an event is scheduled, the icon for that type of event appears on the calendar on the date of the event. If an event is cancelled, the cancelled icon appears on the calendar on top of the original icon, and the event details remain available for viewing.
- Chronological list of upcoming events for the current month: Located to the left of the calendar (and continued below as needed). Listed for each event are the date, event type icon, name (linked to the Event Details page), and group sponsor. If there is an event scheduled for today's date, it appears at the top of the list and is highlighted, with the word Today next to the date in parentheses. Tip: To quickly find out an event's scheduled time, place your cursor over the name of the event and read the
- Today's date on calendar: Highlighted for quick reference.
- Calendar date: Click to see a list of all events for that date.
- Event icons on calendar: Each event has an icon; click it to view the event's complete Event Details. Tip: To quickly find out an event's scheduled time, place your cursor over the icon on the calendar and read the rollover text.