Add an Event to the General Membership Calendar
Use this form to add an event to the general membership calendar. Note: To add an event to this calendar, you must have Group Admin privileges.
To add a calendar event:
- From All Groups, click Calendar above the Available Groups heading or View All by the Upcoming Events heading. This takes you to the General Membership Calendar.
- Click Add Event next to the Calendar heading. This takes you to the Add Event page.
- For Event Name, enter the name of the event you want to add.
- For Date, select from the drop-down lists the month, date, year, and year for the event. The default is today's date.
- For Time, select from the drop-down lists beginning and end times, and the Time Zone.
Note: If you are want to schedule a multi-day or repeating event, use the Repeat options under Advanced Options.
- For Repeat, first select how often the event repeats (the default is Never which means the event does not repeat). A typical repeating event happens weekly, monthly, etc. To make an event that lasts multiple consecutive days, select Every Day. Select an end date for the repeating, or enter a number of times to repeat.
- For Sharing, select whether you would like to share this event with the general public.
- For Event Type, select the type of event you are creating. If the type of event you want is not listed, see the Group Administrator Overview for how to add an event type or contact the group administrator for assistance.
- For Description/Call-in Info, enter a brief description of the event. All characters are allowed, except HTML. This area is typically used for logistics information about the event, including a call-in number if applicable.
- For Agenda, enter a brief agenda if applicable. All characters are allowed, except HTML. If you want to upload a document as an agenda (or in addition to the text agenda), use the References section under Advanced Options and select "Agenda" as the Reference Type.
- For Send Email Notifications, , select one or more pre-defined mailing lists to receive notification of the scheduling of this event. To select multiple lists, hold down the CTRL key while selecting. You may also enter a comma-separated list of addresses in the text box.
- For Submitter Note, you may enter text that will appear at the top of your notification email.
- When you are finished, click Add New Event to add the event or Cancel to go back where you came from, without adding the event.
Note: Required fields are designated by an asterisk (*). If you click Add New Event and a required field is left blank, an error message appears in red at the top of the page and next to the blank field heading. Enter the required information and click Add New Event again.
- If you click Add New Event, you go to the Add Event - Success page, which shows the added event's details. From this page, you can select edit this event, delete or cancel this event, create another event or view the calendar. The event is added to the general membership calendar.
Note: Unlike when an event is added from a group calendar, no group name is assigned to the event as the sponsor of the event. The event lists "General Membership" as the sponsor.