Send Mail to Group Mailing List
Use this form to send an email to a group mailing list. Email sent to this list will go to everyone on the group roster who has opted to receive email.
To send an email to a group mailing list:
- From All Groups, click the name of the group to whose mailing list you want to send an email. This takes you to the home page for that group.
- Next to the Recent Email Messages heading, click Send Email. This takes you to the Send Mail to Group Mailing List page for that group.
- For From, verify your name is correct. The form will automatically fill in your email address that is entered in the Kavi Members database.
- For To, the name of the group mailing list is provided as the default recipient for the message. You may, however, choose to send mail to a specific member of the group by selecting that member from the drop-down list.
- If you are replying to a message in the email archives, then you will also see an In-Reply-To field. This field is displayed to let you know that your message will be archived as a reply to the original message.
- For Subject, enter text for the subject line as it will appear on the email. Up to 50 characters.
- For Body, enter the text of the email message. An unlimited number of characters (all types) are allowed.
- To send this email to your group's mailing list now, click "Send Mail." Cancel to return to the group home page without sending the email.
Note: The email is sent immediately, but there may be a 15 minute delay before it appears in the email archives. Email archives are updated on a regular, periodic basis.
- If you click Send Mail, the page refreshes and a message in blue appears at the top stating the the email has been sent. Compose and send another email, or use the Breadcrumbs at the top of the page or the Back button on your browser to navigate to another group home page.
Tip: An alternate way to email a group email list is to simply send an email to the group mailing list from your email client (such as Microsoft Outlook*, Eudora*, etc.).